Sunday, April 19, 2015

Thanks Kat Sloma! 2015 Liberate Your Art


I did it! I set free, released, let go, let out, set loose, emancipated, liberated, five photo postcards I had created. This was my second year to participate in Kat Sloma's postcard swap. I sent in five postcards I had created and in return received six beautiful postcards over the course of a couple of weeks. These postcards represent little pieces of the beauty and creativity that each participant holds inside them. What a fabulous thing to share. 
This year  1290 pieces of art were liberated by 214 participating artists in 12 different countries.
This is the second year I have opened up and participated I am looking forward and already planning on my contribution for next year. You see, to me it is all about growth and acceptance.  I can do this, I can share what I do with others and be proud!.
Below are the beautiful cards I received from the swap.

Thank you Kat Sloma for helping me stretch, accept and believe!


This is the first postcard I received. It is as if Kat knew I needed to see water and warm, after all it has been a long winter and this was just the perfect postcard to receive first. This photo was taken in Stromness Scotland....simply beautiful. http://ispeakmelsh.co.uk




Another warm weather shot.....sigh
This lovely shot was taken by Katiusca Guzman. Love the calm it portrays. It says "Learn to see. Realize everything connects to everything else"-Leonardo daVinci  See more of her beautiful work at http://www.katiuscaguzman.com/




WOW! This photo was taken in NewZeeland, outside of Queenstown. Simply stunning!
Thank you Reba  See more of her outstanding work at https://www.rebabaskett.com
Hope is a walking dream



Marcia Hill named this one perfectly-"Afternoon Enchantment"
Marcia is a painter and you can see more of her work on her blog http://marciahillart.com/
"Earth without art is just 'eh' " So make more art...earth needs you!
Thanks for sharing your gift Marcia.



Luis Fernandez from Guadalupe, Mexico is the artist behind this fabulous collage. He used tissue paper, acrylics and water color to create it. He says "Life is like a mirror, smile at it and it smiles back at you" 
Sending a smile to Luis!

....and finally
"When you Liberate your ART the world is a better place" 

Thank you Kat, because of your project, YOU are making the world a better place, one postcard at a time!


No comments:

Post a Comment